How to Apply Fall 2013 Aid
The following information applies to students who have already been awarded financial aid or scholarships. If you need information on how to be considered for financial aid, visit http://www.shsu.edu/~sfa_www/
- Verify you have been awarded fall aid through Financial Aid in Self Service Banner. (Within My Sam, Campus Resources tab)
- If you have not been awarded aid, make payment or apply for a semester/emergency loan by August 27, 2013.
- If you have been awarded aid, the general information tab will indicate that you have been awarded aid.
- Aid will begin to apply August 19, 2013. Be sure aid applies or payment is made by August 27, 2013.
- Any questions regarding aid disbursement should be directed to the Financial Aid Office (936) 294-1774.
Residual Refund Checks
All refunds except Parent Loan refunds are handled through Higher One, the administrator of the BearKat OneCard. Do not travel from out of town to pick up a refund check. If you are a new student and have not received an ID card, call 936-294-1083 to speak with the Bursar's Office. If you have received an ID, be sure that you have activated it and have chosen a refund preference. Please direct any questions regarding financial aid refunds to the Bursar's Office at 936-294-1083 or toll-free 1-866-BEARKAT (232-7528).
If you have not received your Bearkat OneCard contact the BearKat OneCard office at (936) 294-2273 or stop by their office in Estill Classroom Building on the second floor.