Accredited by the American Psychological Association
For specific information on the Dissertation Process, please review Dissertation from the Handbook.
Direction on dissertation preparation, submission of final copies and deadlines can be found through the following sites:
1. Student selects a topic and assembles a disseration committee.
Send Appointment of Dissertation Committee Form to the Dean's office.
2. Pass comprehensive exams. (See Program Coordinator)
(This needs to be completed by the deadline on the CHSS webpage. Some students might complete the comprehensive exams after the proposal defense.) Send Report of Comprehensive Examination form to the Dean's office.
3. Determine appropriate style manual.
4. Secure approval for human subjects if necessary (before proposal defense).
5. Submit draft of proposal to dissertation committee.
6. Work with Director on dissertation.
7. Submit draft to dissertation committee.
8. Take draft to Library for approval of basic style and format (6 weeks prior to graduation).
(This must occur before dissertation will be accepted for signatures.)
10. Make corrections and return to Director.
11 Secure signatures of Dissertation Committee on Approval page (on bonded paper) and signature of the Thesis/Dissertation Director on the Dissertation Route Sheet.
12. Take dissertation, signed Approval page (on bonded paper), and Route Sheet to Dean's office.
(Director signature should be on the Route Sheet and approval page.)
13. Make recommended changes and return corrected copy to Dean's office for signature.
14. Take final copy of dissertation (on bond paper), approval sheet (on bond paper), and Route Sheet to Library signature.
15. Make any changes requested and return final copy plus all extra copies, approval sheet, extra abstract, and Route Sheet to the Library for final signature.
16. Take Route Sheet to Graduate Studies Office.
17. Take signed Route Sheet to the Registrar's Office.