Recommended Internet Resources
Job Choices 2013
- Reality Check
- Salary Wizard Tool
- The Bureau of Labor
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The BLS is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor.
- Closing the Interview
Regardless of your style or how you choose to close the interview this website will give you some key points to keep in mind.
- America's Career
America's Career InfoNet is a resource for making informed career
decisions to support a demand-driven workforce investment system.
Research Institute (ERI)
ERI provides over 10,000 organizations with compensation information, including: salary survey analyses, geographic salary survey differentials, wage survey data, executive compensation survey information, cost-of-living survey comparisons, prevailing wage studies, and compensation and benefits training.
A look at the issues as the global economy changes companies' views about diversity.
Salaries, Ratings, and Reviews posted anonymously by employees. See what we have for your company or job title...
Interview from Porot.com - Manage Your Career
The hiring interview is the culmination of all the effort and time you have invested in your job hunt. It requires preparation, skill and strategy.
With more than 30 years of experience, Daniel Porot is one of Europe's leading pioneers in Career Design and Job Hunting. Daniel and his team of trainers have run workshops, seminars and conferences in 30 different countries throughout the world teaching over 50 different nationalities. To date, more than 70,000 participants have attended their workshops. Daniel co-taught with Richard N. Bolles (author of "What Color Is Your Parachute?") at Richard's annual two-week summer workshop for 20 years.
- America's Job Bank
- Allied Health Careers
- Health Care and Medical Jobs
- Teachers-Teachers.com - A Premier
Teacher Placement Service
- Texas Workforce
- Careers in Government
- Federal Jobs
- The Riley Guide-Employment Guide & Job Resources on the Internet
- Houston Area Employment
- Houston Jobs
- Austin Area Employment
- Austin Jobs
- Dallas Area Employment
- Dallas Jobs
- San Antonio Jobs
- Fort Worth Jobs
- United States Department of State
- Nation Job
- Texas Job Source
- Job Hunt
- Hospitality Careers Online
- Hospitality Jobs Online
- Jammin Jobs
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET OnLine (Occupational Information Network)
- Salary Survey
- Job Star Central
- Career Journal
- Economy at a Glance
- NewWork News
- 2004-2014 Job Outlook in Brief
- JobWeb (Career Development & Job Search Advice for New College Graduates)
- Tomorrow's Jobs
- Career Guides to Industries
- Career Magazine
- Career Builder
- Black Collegian
A career site that provides information on career resources for Black collegians. Job search strategies, graduate school opportunities, career and industry reports are abundantly explored.
An internet directory for varying information, including a career center.
- National Black MBA
A web site dedicated to economic and intellectual wealth. Includes information on employment networks.
- National Society of Black
An organizational web site with job and scholarship postings.
A black network site.
Many employers like to hire former athletes because of the dedication, work ethic, competitiveness, and other intrinsic traits that athletes possess and develop from the rigors of being a collegiate student-athlete. The website is currently being promoted to every NAIA and NCAA school in a 7 state region.
- National Association of Asian American
An organization web site which includes a person of contact for help finding a job.
- Nethighway (used to be asianet.com)
A site to help you create a domain name in the hopes of exploring opportunities in the internet field.
- College Recruiter Articles
Article 1 - An article on how “Technology opens employment doors for people with disabilities.”
Article 2 - An article with answers on how to job hunt. The article is titled “Ask the experts: Job hunting when you’re disabled.”
Article 3 - An article with answers on if you should mention your disability to a prospective employer. The article is titled “To Disclose or Not to Disclose.”
- Disability Resources Monthly
A "wonderfully well-organized site ... for cutting through the morass of disability-related material on the Web" -- Encyclopedia Britannica Internet Guide.
- DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and
A resource and support program focusing on “Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology.”
- Employment and Rehabilitation Programs
A site whose mission is to promote the employment of Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities by designing policies that make work pay, promoting research and program innovation, educating the public about programs and services that facilitate entry into the workforce, and partnering with other public and private groups to remove employment barriers for people with disabilities.
- Equal Opportunity Publications
Since 1968, Equal Opportunity Publications, Inc. (EOP) has led the way in diversity recruitment with a portfolio of seven national career magazines, a diversity website, online job board, and Career Expos for women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities.
- Gettinghired.com - Careers & Community for
Talented People with Disabilities
The GettingHired Mission: To create sustainable employment growth and opportunity for people with disabilities. The GettingHired internet based portal accomplishes its mission by serving and connecting:
Job seekers with Disabilities
Our portal has incorporated several unique free services designed to help people prepare for the work place and build their careers. Our social networking medium offers individuals a platform to connect with each other and career mentors. Jobseekers will find opportunities posted by employers who expressly use our portal through paid annual subscriptions to hire them. Our portal identifies and highlights individual skills, talents and backgrounds. No person will be asked to disclose a disability anywhere on the GettingHired portal. Our RightMatch technology matches individual qualifications to specific job requirements facilitating employment success.
- The International Dyslexia Association
A web site that addresses the concerns of dyslexic college students and provides resources.
- President's Committee on Employment of People
This website is full of contact information, current events, documents, and feedback.
- The National Business & Disability
A site for employers to search for prospective employees with disabilities. You can post your resume through the site or search the nationwide database for jobs.
- AAR/EEO Affirmative Action Register
A web site for the National EEO Recruitment Publication directed to females, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons, as well as to all employment candidates.
- Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology
A site with descriptions of articles and news from the publication, as well as career opportunities.
Jobs with Employers committed to Diversity.
- Equal Opportunity
A site dedicated to information concerning the publications, as well as a resume database for help in locating a job.
A search engine for jobs and opportunities.
- NACME (the National Action Council for Minorities in
A site dedicated to providing leadership and support to increase the representation of successful African American, American Indian and Latino women and men in engineering and technology, math and science-based careers.
- Gay Financial
A site that contains a career center as well as many other helpful resources concerning the gay community.
- Human Resources
An organization that works towards equal rights for gay, lesbian and transgender people.
- Queer Resources
A gay and lesbian information directory.
- Out &
A national nonprofit organization that advocates safe and equitable workplaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
A list of books recommended to help with sexual orientations.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
An organizational site that advocates various sexual orientations into the scientific and technical fields.
- National Gay &
Lesbian Task Force
A national organization that advocates safe and equitable workplaces for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.
- Pride at Work
An Organization who's purpose is to mobilize mutual support between the organized Labor Movement and the LGBT Community.
A magazine site with help concerning careers.
- Latpro Professional
A job board for Hispanic and bilingual professionals.
- Saludos (Hispanic Careers
A site that contains a job search engine as well as career advice.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
A site that offers matching of your resume with engineering companies.
- The Society of Mexican
American Engineers and Scientists
To promote excellence in engineering, science, and mathematics while cultivating the value of cultural diversity.
A site dedicated to providing internet information to the indigenous people in the world.
- American Indian Science and
An organizational site that holds a resume database and job listings.
- National Organization for Women
An organizational site that describes internship opportunities within NOW.
- Society of Women Engineers
An organization site that offers career guidance and professional development opportunities.
- The Association for Women in
An organizational site that is dedicated to the advancement of women in technology fields.
- Women in Technology
An organizational site dedicated to providing women in technology inspiration, education, conferences, on-line services, publications and a worldwide network of resources.
A search directory for women concerning many issues, including careers.
Provides an online job search for women and still covers important topics such as: the different types of cover letters, building a strong job search chain, and tips to making a successful career change.
- SHSU Agriculture and Industrial Sciences - Internships
- DC Internships
- Magazine Publishers of America
- Internships - USA - Call our Career Library staff at 294-3732 for the SHSU subscription password and username, then click on "The Internship Series On-Line".
- Rising Star Internships
- Academy of Television Arts and Science
- Action Without Border
- American Institute for Foreign Study
- American Institute of Physics
- American Statistical Association
- Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas
- Back Door Jobs -- Exciting Career Adventures
- Big Green Internship Book
- Boston Globe
- CDS International Internships
- Center for Museum Studies - Museum Internship Partnership Program
- College Grad Job Hunter Internships
- Computer Science and
Engineering - AllAcrossTexas.us
- Link directly to paid internships throughout Texas
- Learn the skills highly valued by companies and the secrets of internship success
- Network and build relationships with industry professionals
- Get an insider’s view on what it’s like to work at top technology companies in Texas
- Stand out amongst your peers
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Environmental Internship Page
- FBI Honors Internship
- Infoseek Search
- Institute for Experiential Learning
- Institute of International Education
Developed for MBA students by MBA students, is your #1 source for MBA internships and for information and tips related to resumes, cover letters and internship interviews and more.
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service
- Live, Learn, and Intern in Washington, DC
- Mystic Seaport
- National Archives & Records Administration
- National Research Council - Canada
- Resort Intern Connections
- Russian and Eastern European Internship Opportunities
- Skidmore College
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowship
- Southern Newspaper Publishers Association
- Student and Intern Housing in New York City
- Student Conservation Association
- Student Search
- Study Abroad
- The Leadership Institute
- TV Jobs
- UCI International Opportunities
- United Nations Internships
- University of Kansas - Environmental Studies Internship
- Hundreds of new job and internship listings.
- Users can select their regions of interest.
- Now with new privacy settings.
- Upload a resume to be included in our Candidate Searches!
- Walt Disney World College Internship Program
- Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars
- Washington Internship Foundation
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership