- In the Department of Curriculum and Instruction we value and support our teacher candidates and colleagues in their pursuit of life long learning and passionate, high energy teaching.
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION MISSION
- Our programs are dedicated to collaboration with public schools through instruction, field experiences, and research.
- Our students acquire the knowledge, dispositions, and skills necessary to create a positive learning environment for all students through the use of a variety of instructional modes.
- Our students learn how to plan, implement, access, and modify instruction to make all learners successful.
- Enhancing the Future Through Educator Preparation
- Prepare elementary and secondary teachers.
- Field based teacaher preparation.
- Research based curriculum.
Why Choose SHSU's Teacher Preparation Program?
- Nationally accredited (NCATE)
- Designed and managed by recognized educators with more than 250 years of combined experience
- Acquiring technology skills for instructiong today's students
- Active involvement in small classes with individual attention
- Field-based with multiple opportunities to interact with public school students and teachers
- Friendly, supportive environment
- Graduates sought by area school districts
- Today's Learners, Tomorrow's Leaders
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- SHSU is committed to offering certification programs at the secondary level that produce effective teacher leaders whose students are highly successful
- SHSU provides certification in a variety of secondary programs
- Major is the teaching field, for example, English or Mathematics
- Minor is secondary education (SED) which consists of 24 hours in teacher education