1. Will Balfour only come to the University once a year to sale Official Rings?
No, Balfour makes every effort to be on campus during Grad Fest and Destination Graduation.
2. Do I have to order my Ring through Balfour?
Yes, you may order your ring at any time online at balfour.com, by phone (1-866-BALFOUR), or at the listed bookstores. (see Official Ring Info.)
3. How many hours do I have to complete to purchase an Official Ring and participate in the Ring Ceremony?
A minimum of 75 credit hours. Masters and Doctorial students may order a ring at anytime during their study.
4. I was not able to come to the LSC to order my ring and was wondering if I could still do that?
You may order your ring at any time online at balfour.com, by phone (1-866-BALFOUR), or at the listed bookstores.(see Official Ring Info.)
5. What exactly takes place at the Ring Ceremony and what is the dress attire?
Registration begins at 4:30 p.m. The Ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m. The Ceremony is approximately 1 hour long. Students should dress in business attire.
6. When are the deadlines to RSVP for the Ceremony?
The deadline to order your ring and have it shipped to the Office of Alumni Relations in time for the Ring Ceremony is approximately eight (8) weeks prior to the Ceremony. In addition, you must also preregister and verify the correct spelling of your name via the alumni website, alumni.shsu.edu, at least one week prior to the ceremony.
7. If I am graduating in August is there any way I can just get my ring without going to the ceremony?
Yes, however, you must complete a Ring Ceremony waiver request form that must be signed and given to the Office of Alumni Relations. The waiver forms can only be picked up in the Office of Alumni Relations.
8. If I order my ring now, do I get my ring or do I have to wait until the ring ceremony?
If you order during the summer or prior to September 1 you will receive your ring within 8 to 10 weeks. If you order your ring during the spring semester, you will automatically be included in the Ring Ceremony. You must complete the Ring Ceremony Waiver Request Form in order to opt out of the ceremony and receive your ring early.
9. How do I know if my information will be accurate in the program?
There will be a link on the alumni website which will require you to RSVP and allow you to verify the accuracy of your information. All students that plan to attend the Ring Ceremony must pre-register and verify their information is correct, as well as provide the correct pronunciation of their name.
10. Why do I need to register before the ceremony and what does that mean?
Students are required to RSVP to reserve their space at the ceremony 1 week prior to the ceremony. The day of the event, students are required to check-in approximately 2 hours prior to the start of the ceremony.
11. What happens if it rains on the day of the Ring Ceremony?
Johnson Coliseum is reserved as the official rain location, should severe weather be in the area.