Sam Houston State University’s chapter of the National Agri-Marketing Association has now been an active organization for six years and has made tremendous progress in its overall success and accomplishments. “The measure of a life is its service,” is not only the motto that is followed by the school but one of our personal mottos as well. One of our other mottos is “connect your opportunities,” we encourage our members to participate in all events and programs to ensure that they are making connections. While the group has continued to focus on recruitment the past year, they have also worked hard at becoming more organized and providing programs that add value to the members professionally, philanthropically, and socially.
Adviser: Dr. Michelle Santiago
President: Jacob Luna
Vice President: Kasey Pasquale
Secretary: Austin Short
Treasurer: Claudia Martinez
Publicity Chair: Massie DuBose
Social Chair: Maddie Farrell
Ryan Dach and Kasey Pasquale (co-chairs), Jordan Graham, Brooke Ivy, Austin Short
Jacob Luna (chair), Ashlyn Voigt, Maddie Farrell, Claudia Martinez, Heather Gokey
February 6th– Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
February 20th – Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
March 6th – Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
March 20th – Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
April 3rd– Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
April 3-5th – NACTA Student Judging Contest in Lubbock, TX
April 17th – Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
April 17-19th – NAMA Student Marketing Contest in Kansas City, MO
May 1st– Club Meeting (Thom 209 @ 5pm)
- Tour at least one local agribusiness per semester.
- Have at least two different agribusiness speakers present at different club meetings.
2. Attendance/Involvement from Members
- Have at least 75% attendance from members at each monthly meeting.
- Sponsor a chapter Chili Cook-off Team for the Block and Bridle Club Chili Cook-off
- Have at least 6 students attend the NAMA National Conference.
- Attend NAMA Professional Chapter events when available.
3. Special Projects
- Agricultural and Industrial Sciences Department’s Homecoming tailgate setup and cleanup.
- Sponsor a National NAMA Student Marketing Competition Team.
- Sponsor at least one academic quiz bowl team to compete in either the Southern Agricultural Economics Association (SAEA) meeting or the North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture (NACTA) Judging Conference.
- Sponsor at least one community service project each semester.
- Host the
- Host a faculty dunking booth at the Annual SHSU Block and Bridle Crawfish Boil.