About the Web Optimization Project
The Web Optimization Project is the result of a collaboration between three areas of the University:
- Graduate Studies
- DELTA Center / SHSU Online
- Enrollment Management
The project was created to address the following goals:
- Establish a higher ranking for SHSU programs on search engines.
- Optimizing the SHSU collection of websites to drive enrollment, beginning with online and graduate programs.
- Eliminate process barriers for students who cannot physically come to campus or engage during traditional business hours.
Key Student Insights
- Students make decisions about schools based on what they find on the Web
- Online students expect total online modality - often driven by legitimate geographic, professional and family needs
- SHSU does not have an adequate presence on search engines such as Google
- It is generally difficult for a student who physically cannot come to campus or communicate during traditional business hours to navigate our processes from beginning to end.
- Overall, SHSU has a shortage of Web content writers to ensure timely, accurate and engaging content across our collection of websites.