SHSU's Governing Body Holds Quarterly Meeting
Nov. 13, 2015
SHSU Media Contact: Julia May
The Texas State University System Board of Regents approved the following items for Sam Houston State University during the board’s quarterly meeting at Texas State University in San Marcos on Nov. 12-13.
- Increase semester credit hours from 120 to 122 for the Bachelor of Science degree in athletic training, to be implemented in Fall 2016.
- Change the name of the Department of Health Services and Promotion to the Department of Population Health, effective Fall 2016.
- Offer the Master of Arts degree in political science via distance learning at 50 percent or more, beginning Spring 2016.
Finance & Audit:
- Eliminate the current waiver of the Recreational Sports Fee, Student Center Fee and Medical Fee for students who are enrolled exclusively in online distance learning courses.
- Increase The Woodlands Center Fee from $50 to $75 and the International Student Study Fee from $50 to $75, effective Fall 2016. These are non-mandatory fees.
- Increase in mandatory fees as follows: Intercollegiate Athletic Fee from $18 to $19.75; Technology Fee from $30 to $34; and Student ID Card Fee from $16 to $19. The total increase for 15 hours is 1.91 percent.
Planning & Construction:
- Approve design development documents for the Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum renovation project.
- Purchase custodial services for an initial three-year period for campus halls, small houses, apartments, and certain athletic and recreational sports facilities and events.
- Approve contract addendum with Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC, which provides $5,000 in-kind textbook scholarships and $5,000 sponsorship of athletics.
- Change the name of the Industrial Technology Building to the Harry L. Westmoreland Engineering Technology Laboratory, as outlined in the Fredrick L. Pirkle Facility Naming Agreement.
The next meeting of the TSUS Board of Regents will be held Feb. 18-19, 2016, at Lamar University in Beaumont.
- END -
This page maintained by SHSU's Communications Office:
Associate Director: Julia May
Manager: Jennifer Gauntt
Writer: Lane Fortenberry
Located in Administration Building Suite 115
Telephone: 936.294.1836; Fax: 936.294.1834
Please send comments, corrections, news tips to Today@Sam.edu.