Exemptions - Environmental, Health and Safety Office

Exemptions and Reporting Fatalities or Injuries


The following chemicals are exempt from coverage under the Texas Hazard Communication Act: articles that do not normally release hazardous chemicals, food, drugs, cosmetics, hazardous waste, tobacco and tobacco products, wood or wood products, consumer products used in the same manner as normal consumer use, and radioactive waste.

Reporting Fatalities or Injuries:

Employees must report to the University within 48 hours the occurrence of a chemical accident that results in one or more employee fatalities or results in the hospitalization of five or more employees. The employee has the right to report directly to the Texas Department of Health at 1-800-452-2791.

Sam Houston State Logo

Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866)BEARKAT Member TSUS
© Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | Contact Web Editor