|2. Claudia V Sealey-potts (F)|
| ||Courses Taught||Relevant Academic Degrees |
and Course Credits Earned
|Other Qualifications|| ||
- BS NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE -- AUBURN UNIVERSITY(1993)
- MS NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE -- AUBURN UNIVERSITY(1998)
- PHD NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE -- AUBURN UNIVERSITY(2003)
- Post Baccalaureate, Certificate for practicum -Dietetic Internship Program - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan - 1994-1995
Dietetic Internship Director; Registered and Licensed Dietitian (RD, LD)
- Awarded an Auburn University' Presidential Graduate Research Fellowship (Fall 2000-2003). Outstanding Performance in Teaching Awards: Teaching Achievements in Family and Consumer Sciences Award - College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Sam Houston State University, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 academic years.
- Sealey-Potts, CV, Bottego JT, Lopez GL. Weight and nutrition-related behavior changes experienced by first time college students living away from home Abstract published in Journal of the American Dietetic Association (JADA) volume 106(8); August 2006, Supplement 2.
Sealey-Potts CV, Bockhorn-Marvin B, Mahoney K, Parker C, Consumers' knowledge and perceived understanding of Mypyramid 2005: A need for nutrition educators in Texas: Abstract published in Journal of the American Dietetic Association (JADA) Volume 107, Issue 8, Supplement S, Pages 1-136 (August 2007)
4 Nutrition Education Teaching Guides: Struempler B. and Sealey-Potts C. "Let’s Eat" for Adults. 1995 (revised edition 1996); "Good Food Good Health" for the Elderly 1995(revised 1996); Food Demonstration Packet; 1995
Streumpler B., Sealey-Potts C., and Derrig J. A 2-vloume Nutrition Activities Source Book for Ages K through Adults . Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. 1995;
National and local presentations at conferences 2004-2007
- Author: CADE (Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education) of the American Dietetic Association. Self study for Accreditation of the Combined Masters of Science and Dietetic Internship Program. 2004: Outcome: Program was awarded full accreditation status. Author: One-year follow-up assessment of the Dietetic Internship Program and Preceptor sites for CADE accreditation Standards: 2005 and 2006 Outcomes: Reports approved and accepted for continued accreditation of SHSU’s DI program. Education and Research Committee Chair - National Organization- NOBIDAN an Association of the American Dietetic Association - 2007 President-Elect: Tall Pines Dietetic Association - 2007
- Continuous success in achieving first-time pass rate for dietetic students on the national Registration (RD) Exams: Program has gained significant increases in pass rate: from less than 25% in 2003; Changes in program policy, directorship, mentoring and instruction, our MS DI program now enjoys 87.5% pass rate with 2006-2007 graduates.