The Superintendent Certification is designed to prepare students for careers as school district superintendents in Texas.This course is offered online, face-to-face or a hyrid of both online and classroom coursework. The program utilizes study of factual knowledge and theory, as well as internship field experiences, to develop student knowledge and skills.
The cohort structure initiative is driven by three semesters o prescribed coursework, seminars, performance development activities, and internships. Strengths of the initiative are:
- a cohort of peer educational leaders;
- development of executive dispositions and skills;
- enduring and supportive relationships through life-long careers.
This program requires the completion of 12 graduate hours offered through a cohort and may be applied toward a Doctorate in Educational Leadership:
- EDAD 6380 Executive Leadership for Superintendents
- EDAD 6381 District Business and Financial Management
- EDAD 6382 Human Resource Management
- EDAD 6383 Practicum for Superintendents I
Each course is taught online with 2 face-to-face meetings scheduled. The courses are offered online or are web-enhanced (50% online).
For students taking the Superintendent Certification 100% online, the 2 face-to-face meetings will be conducted online via Skype, FaceTime or other online meeting software, and students are not required to travel to campus for these sessions.
|Degree Type||Professional Certificate|
|Length||12 Credit Hours|
|Enrollment||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Tuition/Costs||Rates Per Semester|