- Complete the online graduate application form.
- Pay the application fee
- Submit Official transcript(s) from all previous college work (except SHSU graduates).
- Submit an official GMAT score.
- Submit a current resume (emailed to email@example.com).
- Meet or exceed one of the following admission formulas:
- 200 (Undergraduate GPA) + GMAT Score > 1100*
- 200 (Advanced Hours Undergraduate GPA) + GMAT Score > 1150**
- Have a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Have a minimum advanced accounting course work GPA of 3.0
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from a U.S. Institution
- GMAT Waiver Requests: Undergraduate GPA* of 3.5 or higher allows for a comprehensive review of academic performance and consideration for the GMAT waiver
*The Undergraduate GPA is the GPA from courses taken at the degree granting institution. Transfer grades are not used in the computation.
**The advanced hours undergraduate GPA is the GPA from junior- and senior- level courses taken at the degree granting institution. Transfer grades are not used in this computation.
Stem Requirements for Non-Business and Non-Accounting Graduates
Students seeking admission to the Master of Science in Accounting Program who do not have a baccalaureate degree in accounting from an Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) accredited university will be required to take substantial stem courses before being allowed in the MS in Accounting program. Baccalaureate degrees from foreign universities not accredited by AACSB International are treated as non-business degrees. Additionally, graduate stem courses (5300s) do not apply to the 30-hour graduate credit hour requirement of the ACCT degree. Contact the graduate advisor for details.
Learn about the required Stem Courses