Students seeking admission to the graduate programs in Political Science must complete the following requirements and send all documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts of all college-level work, including the transcript that shows the date the undergraduate degree was conferred
- A current resume
- Two letters of recommendation that discuss the applicant’s suitability for graduate study
- A writing sample of scholarly or professional work
- Official GRE or GMAT scores (Note: Applicants who have full-time professional experience and a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher may ask for graduate director approval to use the required writing sample as a substitute for the GRE or GMAT)
- A statement of interest summarizing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the MPA degree and the applicant's professional and life experiences that prepare him or her for the program. The statement should be roughly two pages single spaced.
A holistic review of each student’s application file will be completed and admission will be granted on a competitive basis.
Please submit all materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Online Learning Fee
Please see the SHSU Distance Learning Fees page for additional information. These fees are subject to change by the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System.