Students seeking admission to the graduate program in music must submit all documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions. In addition, the following are required:
3. Students must complete the School of Music admission requirements:
- Submit School of Music application form
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Complete an audition and/or interview (see individual tracks for specific requirements)
4. A submission of scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required. For a final admissions decision, GRE scores do not constitute the sole criterion for consideration of the applicant, nor do GRE scores constitute the primary criterion to end consideration of an applicant. The applicant’s test scores will be compared with those of other applicants from similar socioeconomic backgrounds to the extent that those backgrounds can be properly determined and identified by the School of Music’s admissions process.
5. Transcripts from all previous college level academic work are required and should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies. An undergraduate/Baccalaureate degree from a NASM accredited institution or equivalent international degree in music is required.
6. International students must submit an official TOEFL score of at least 213 on the computer based exam or at least 550 on the paper-based exam.
American Band College Applicants: Apply to the Band Conducting, MA program for Summer term by May 1st deadline.