To be regularly admitted to the graduate school, applicants must submit to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- Graduate Application
- Application Fee
- Apply to the Reading Specialist Preparation Program if seeking Texas Reading Specialist certification (Instructions)
- Pay the $55 Texas Education Accountability System for Educator Preparation Programs Fee (paid to the TEA as required by TAC 229.9.7) if seeking Texas Reading Specialist certification
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, both undergraduate and graduate (Note: A minimum GPA of 2.5 in undergraduate and graduate work is expected)
NOTE: Candidates may be permitted to enroll for one semester while their admission file is incomplete. Applicants with completed files are reviewed for regular admission by graduate faculty in each program area and are selected by faculty based on information in the completed file.
Applicants must submit to the Department of Language, Literacy, and Special Populations:
- A copy of applicant’s teaching certificate if the intention is to sit for the Texas Reading Specialist Certification Exam
- Acceptable writing sample
In addition, applicants must complete an online questionnaire that shows that (1) they are presently teaching (or have access to a class) so that assignments can be applied and (2) they possess the necessary technology skills for graduate work/research.