The Master of Education in International Literacy is designed for teachers of English as a Second/Foreign Language. The program addresses the theories of language instruction and incorporates research-based best practices for teaching English language learners. In addition to receiving the M.Ed., our graduates earn a certificate in Second Language Instruction from Sam Houston State University. For more information on the M.Ed in International Literacy or the certificate in Second Language Instruction, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Articulate theories, processes, and principles of second language acquisition and second language literacy acquisition.
- Examine the linguistic, sociocultural, cognitive, and psychological foundations of language and literacy.
- Identify instructional strategies and materials that promote the acquisition of language and literacy for English language learners.
- Evaluate informal and formal assessments for English language learners.
- Engage in reflective analysis of personal beliefs and systematic inquiry into diverse cultures in order to construct a pedagogy in which diversity is an explicit part of the curriculum
- Integrate technology to enhance the learning opportunities of English language
- Conduct research in second language learning and teaching.
|Degree Type||Master of Education (M.Ed.)|
|Length||30 Credit Hours|
|Enrollment||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Tuition/Costs||Rates Per Semester|