- Complete a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) and submit scores to SHSU Graduate Admissions office. Applications will not be reviewed until a PACT is completed and submitted to SHSU.
- Request a Transcript Evaluation. Send official copies of all transcripts to Molly Doughtie along with a letter stating the teaching field and grade levels of interest. Example: “Please evaluate my transcripts for the grades 4 – 8 Math certification program.”
P.O. Box 2119
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341
You will receive a certification plan for the grade levels and teaching field you indicated based on your transcript evaluation. The plan will list the courses that you will need to complete to become certified.
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Undergraduate degree
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA undergraduate will have the GRE automatically waived.
- Candidates with an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or between 2.8 and 3.0 in advanced hours from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula:
- (GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 435.
- GRE TAKEN BEFORE AUGUST 2011:(GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 1664
Applicants whose GRE formulas do not meet the minimum will require a scheduled faculty interview and to submit a portfolio of work.
The Graduate Admissions Committee for C&I reserves the right to conduct interviews with any potential candidates as warranted.
Note: Applicants should review the eligbility requirements of the Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
Fall Term: April 1
Spring Term: November 1
Summer Term: April 1