- Complete a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) and submit scores to SHSU Graduate Admissions office. Applications will not be reviewed until a PACT is completed and submitted to SHSU.
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Apply to the Teacher Preparation Program if seeking Texas Teacher certification (Instructions)
- Pay the $55 Texas Education Accountability System for Educator Preparation Programs Fee (paid to the TEA as required by TAC 229.9.7) if seeking Texas Teacher certification
- Pay the $100 Educator Preparation Program Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Undergraduate degree
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA undergraduate will have the GRE automatically waived.
- Candidates with an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or between 2.8 and 3.0 in advanced hours from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula:
- (GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 435.
- GRE TAKEN BEFORE AUGUST 2011:(GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 1664
Applicants whose GRE formulas do not meet the minimum will require a scheduled faculty interview and to submit a portfolio of work.
Note: Applicants should review the eligbility requirements of the Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
Fall Term: April 1
Spring Term: November 1
Summer Term: April 1