- The PACT Exam
- Graduate Application
- Application Fee
- Apply to the Teacher Preparation Program if seeking Texas Teacher certification (Instructions)
- Pay the $55 Texas Education Accountability System for Educator Preparation Programs Fee (paid to the TEA as required by TAC 229.9.7) if seeking Texas Teacher certification
- Pay the $100 Educator Preparation Program Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA undergraduate will have the GRE automatically waived.Candidates with an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or between 2.8 and 2.99 in graduate level hours* from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula:
(GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 435
GRE TAKEN BEFORE AUGUST 2011
(GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 1664
* If a student has taken graduate level coursework after receiving their Bachelor’s, but has not received a Master’s degree, then those hours become void and are not taken into consideration.
*Submit PACT Exam Scores to:
Curriculum & Instruction Department
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77341