NOTE: Admission to the MA Program in Sociology is competitive and the number of available positions is limited. Because of this, we are accepting only degree seeking students.
Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Arts in Sociology program must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official GRE scores
- Letter of Intent*
- Two recommendation letters that discuss applicant's suitability for graduate study
* The Letter of Intent is your opportunity to discuss your fit with the program offered at Sam Houston State University. While you have a significant amount of freedom to discuss anything you would like in your letter of intent, you may want to address your short-term and long-term academic/professional goals, why you would like to attend our program, and why your interests fit with our program. The letter should not exceed 750 words.
- August 1 - Fall
- December 1 - Spring
Questions regarding the application requirements should be directed to the Director of Graduate Studies.