The following will be required for admission:
1. An Application completed at Apply Texas and submitted to Graduate Admissions.
2. The requisite application fee ($45).
3. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with at least the equivalent of a minor (18 semester credit hours) in history or in closely related disciplines. On rare occasions, history related experiences in the military or in civilian life may substitute for a deficiency in this area.
4. Most successful applicants have an undergraduate GPA above 3.25 and a GRE score of 300 or more on the verbal and quantitative reasoning sections of the exam. A slight deficiency in one of the above areas may be offset by superior scores on other academic components.
5. Submission of a writing sample.
6. Two letters of recommendation.
The Office of Graduate Admissions has general application deadlines of August 1 for Fall, December 1 for Spring, May 15 for Summer I, and June 15 for Summer II.
To make a formal application to the program, you may apply online at Apply Texas and submit supplemental application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2478
|Telephone (936) 294-1971
FAX (936) 294-1271
Online Learning Fee
Please see the SHSU Distance Learning Fees page for additional information. These fees are subject to change by the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System