The following will be required for admission:
- An Application completed at Apply Texas and submitted to Graduate Admissions.
- The requisite application fee ($45).
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with at least 18 semester credit hours in history or in closely related disciplines.
- GRE - General Test scores
- Submission of a writing sample.
- Two letters of recommendation.
The application deadlines for this program are:
March 1: Summer or Fall Semester Start
October 1: Spring Semester Start
To make a formal application to the program, you may apply online at Apply Texas and submit supplemental application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, Texas 77341-2478
|Telephone (936) 294-1971
FAX (936) 294-1271
Online Learning Fee
Please see the SHSU Distance Learning Fees page for additional information. These fees are subject to change by the Board of Regents of the Texas State University System