Master of Arts (MA)
30 Credit Hours (Thesis)
36 Credit Hours (Non-Thesis)
The Master of Arts in Health is intended to enhance the health and improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and communities through the provision of service and research in the areas of health education and health promotion. The program incorporates the principles, practices, and development of a working philosophy of Health Education to prepare students for employment in four broad areas: community health, medical or clinical health, school health, and worksite health promotion.
The MA in Health may be completed with or without a thesis, depending on the interest and needs of the student:
- Thesis Option (30 hours) - designed to prepare individuals for health positions requiring formalized research, teaching at the university/community college level and for students who wish to pursue doctoral studies in the future.
- Non-Thesis Option (36 hours) - designed to prepare students to enter into the corporate, community, medical, or school health setting. The foundation of this degree prepares students to become a Certified Health Education Specialist.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Hybrid - Online and Face-to-Face (Evenings)
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Bachelor's degree with a major or minor in Health Education or at least 18 hours of field related coursework
- Overall GPA of 2.8 and major GPA of 3.0
- Two recommendation letters
- Statement of interest/intent