Master of Arts (MA)
36 Credit Hours
The Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction is designed for individuals who wish to write a thesis as part of the requirements for a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction. The thesis courses will be taken in lieu of two elective courses. A proposal and defense of comprehensive graduate research is required during the final semester of coursework.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA undergraduate will have the GRE automatically waived
- Candidates with an undergraduate GAP between 2.5 and 3.0 (overall or in the last 60 hours, whichever is higher) are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula:
- (GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 435.
- GRE TAKEN BEFORE AUGUST 2011:(GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or great than 1664
- Applicants whose GRE formulas do not meet the minimum will require a scheduled faculty interview and to submit a portfolio of work.
The Graduate Admissions Committee for C&I reserves the right to conduct interviews with any potential candidates as warranted.