15 Credit Hours
The Early Childhood Special Education certificate combines early childhood education and special education courses to provide additional training for individuals who teach or work with children with special needs.
Students seeking this certificate are required to complete the following courses:
- SPED 5301 Education of Individuals with Disabilities
- SPED 6308 Practicum and Methods in Special Education
- SPED 6307 Behavior Change and System Support
- ECHE 5363 Building Relationships with Diverse Families and Children
- ECHE 5349 Language and Literacy Development in Young Child
This certificate has been approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Board and is awarded by Sam Houston State University.
Fall, Spring, Summer
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information