24 Credit Hours
The Educational Diagnostician Certification is designed for individuals seeking to improve and extend their professional skills in special education. This certification is also offered in combination with an MEd in Special Education.
A valid teaching certificate, two years classroom teaching experience, and a master's degree in education are required for state certification. For those who do not have a Master's Degree, the Educational Diagnostician Program is offered in conjunction with the Master's of Special Education.
Cohorts are offered at The Woodlands Center and Northwest Campus - University Park.
Hybrid (Face-to-Face and Online)
Tuition and Cost
Additional Program Information
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Overall 2.5 GPA from undergraduate degree granting institution, or 2.8 GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Two recommendation forms
- Writing sample
- Copy of applicant's teacher certificate
- Official GRE scores, if GPA in last 60 hours is below a 3.0