Application Deadline: March 1. If you do not meet the March 1 deadline, you may submit an application beginning September 1 for next year's cohort.
Admission requires the commitment to devote a significant amount of time to the program. The Developmental Education Administration program follows a cohort model. This means that individuals are admitted to a specific group, called a cohort, and are required to take their coursework at the same time as the other individuals in the cohort. In the event of emergencies that require individuals to drop out of the normal schedule, they may be required to join another cohort with a different schedule.
- Graduate Application
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: On the ApplyTexas application, specify your Semester of Entry as “Summer I” and your Major as “Developmental Education Administration, ED.D.”
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- Official transcript showing receipt of a master’s degree
- Graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Personal statement (1000 word maximum)
- Three Reference Rating Forms, two from current or previous supervisors in schools or agencies where the applicant has been employed and one from a current or former graduate-level professor who holds a terminal degree
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official GRE scores with writing section (This requirement is not waived for any reason.)
NOTE: Applicants selected after the initial screening will be invited for an online interview.