What can you do with a music therapy degree?
Work as a music therapist in:
- Hospitals: general and psychiatric
- Special education facilities
- Mental health centers
- Nursing homes and senior centers
- Rehabilitation centers
- Correctional facilities
- Outpatient clinics
- Private practice
Follow in their footsteps
Graduates of SHSU's music therapy program are:
- School district employees and contract therapists
- Medical hospital and health care employees
- Neurologic music therapy providers
- Mental health practitioners
- Owners/operators of private music therapy agencies and private practices
- Continuing with graduate work
Maegan Morrow, SHSU alumna and music therapist at TIRR Memorial Hermann, worked with Congresswoman Gabby Giffords.
Learn more about SHSU's bachelor's degree in music therapy.