Mark L. Klespis
John Alford, Ferry Butar, Scott Chapman, Max Coleman, Beth Cory, Rebecca Garcia, Luis Garcia-Puente, Cecil Hallum, Melinda Holt, William Jasper, Jackie Jensen, Dustin Jones, Damon Hay, Jodie Kirk, Mark Klespis, Brian Loft, Martin Malandro, Ananda Bandulasiri Manage, Joseph O’Brien, Steve Scariano, Jon Short, Ken Smith, Mary Swarthout, Jianzhong Wang, Linda Zientek
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics provides an environment that is conducive to and promotes the understanding of mathematics and statistics by all students, encourages community and institutional service, and encourages and supports continued faculty development and scholarship.
- Host for annual mathematics conference on teaching of mathematics
- Home of Reeves Center for Mathematics Education
- Direct a variety of undergraduate and graduate research programs
- Provide undergraduate and graduate student presentations at MAA meetings
- Provide undergraduate and graduate student presentations at COTS, JSM and other statistical meetings
- Coordinate numerous grants with government and education agencies
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Programming
- Sales and Marketing
- Management and Related Positions
- Computer Systems Analysis
- Operations Research
- Academic Positions - High School or College
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Pi-Mu-Epsilon Mathematics Honor Society
- Ruth Lane Math Society
- Stat Club
Possible internships exist with NASA, National Security Agency, Actuarial Firms, Oil Industry, medical and health institutions.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers several scholarships each year and Sam Houston State University offers additional, university-wide scholarships. Additional fellowships are available for students engaged in undergraduate research. For information on departmental scholarships, contact the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. Information on University scholarships may be obtained from the Office of Academic Scholarships website at http://www.shsu.edu/~fao_www/scholarships/ or telephone (936) 294-1672.