|Chair, Department of Agricultural and Industrial Sciences|
|Chair, Department of Biological Sciences||Chad Hargrave, PhD|
|Chair, Department of Chemistry|
|Department of Computer Science|
|Chair, Department of Geography and Geology|
|Chair, Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
|Chair, Department of Physics||Barry Friedman, PhD|
The College of Sciences strives to foster scientific literacy, analytic abilities, and the knowledge and competencies necessary for graduates to succeed as professionals working in science-based careers. The College of Sciences also strives to enhance interpersonal abilities and communication skills, both oral and written, which are fundamental to functioning effectively in the University and in the larger community. In providing educational foundations that enable students to develop, evaluate, and express ideas critically, the College hopes to contribute to the formation of responsible citizens and competent professionals.
The College of Sciences aspires to be a gateway of opportunity and a catalyst for personal and professional development. Embracing high standards, ethical practices and personalized student-faculty interaction, the College dedicates itself to excellence in teaching, engagement in quality research, and active community service. The College of Sciences will pursue its vision by:
• preparing students for continued intellectual growth throughout productive and personally rewarding careers;
• fostering the development and dissemination of knowledge through scientific inquiry;
• promoting continual professional growth and scholarly activity;
• exemplifying high ethical standards and teaching the importance of ethics in professional practice;
• increasing scientific literacy in the populace, and instilling a high regard for nature and humankind;
• understanding and respecting diversity among people, cultures, and ideas; and
• assuming the responsibilities of academic community engagement and membership in a global society.
Lee Drain Building 200
- Faculty members in the College of Sciences have been recognized nationally and internationally for their expertise through national grants and awards, publications, and presentations.
- Undergraduate research is encouraged through partnerships with faculty members.
- Students in the College of Sciences have presented and published nationally and internationally
- The Mathematics Tutoring Center provides free tutoring in mathematics and statistics courses.
- The College of Arts and Sciences collaborates with the College of Criminal Justice to coordinate the program in Forensic Science.
- The College of Arts and Sciences houses the Sam Houston State University Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics and the Daniel Reeves Center for Mathematics Education.
- Departments in the College of Sciences annually host state and regional conferences and symposiums.