This certificate program will provide educational opportunities for developmental education adjunct faculty. Specialized instruction will lead to qualified instructors of developmental reading, writing and combined classes and ultimately, greater student success by providing students with knowledge of reading as a process, theoretical perspectives related to developmental and adult learners, best practices for effective adult literacy achievement, knowledge of appropriate trends and issues associated with developmental education and struggling adult learners, and information on ways to instruct and assess the diverse learner.
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate certificate program in Early Childhood Education must submit the following directly to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- A Graduate Studies Application with the application fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- 2.8 GPA (3.0 or higher waives GRE score)
- GRE scores (these may be waived under certain situations)
- Online survey and interview on Survey Monkey
Plan 1 - Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education