Schedule of Events
Wednesday (Jan. 2)
- When: 3:30 pm
- Where: from Montgomery Rd, to Sam Houston Ave, to 11th St, to I-45
Friday (Jan. 4)
SHSU's Official Friday Night Pep Rally
Sponsored by the SHSU Alumni Association (email@example.com or 936.294.1841)
- When: 8-10 pm; KatKall and speakers will begin at 8:30 pm
- Where: Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum
14901 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, Texas, 75254
972.661.2800 or 888.228.9290
- DJ services provided by DJKICKFLIP
- Activities: Performances by the Bearkat Marching Band, Sammy Bearkat, SHSU's Co-Ed Cheer, All-Girl Cheer, and Orange Pride Dance Team. Speakers will include SHSU President Dana Gibson and Athletics Director Bobby Williams. Barnes and Noble's University Bookstore will be selling Official SHSU merchandise. A cash bar will be available.
- A map can be accessed HERE.
Saturday (Jan. 5)
Tailgate Town (Official SHSU Tailgate)
- When: 9 am to noon
- Where: Adjacent to FCS Dallas Stadium in Gold Parking Lot
- Activities: quarterback games, a mechanical bull, team pep rallies, and food and drinks.
- 9:00-10:00 am — Powerade NCAA Youth Clinic. A free event managed by USA Football and former NFL players for boys and girls ages 7-14 on fitness instruction and sportsmanship. (Registration begins at 8:00 am at the event or register online)
- 9:45 am — Sam Houston Football Team Arrival. Greet the players and coaches as they enter the stadium prior to the game.
- 10:30-10:45 am – Sam Houston State Pep Rally
- Official NCAA DI Football Championship merchandise may be purchased in Tailgate Town and within FC Dallas Stadium near sections 100, 118 and 133.
- Download last year's FCS Championship Fan Guide, which includes details about activities, Tailgate Town and a map.
- Contact: Brandon Cooper at 936.294.3861
All Other Tailgating
SHSU versus North Dakota State