New Student Veterans

If you are a new student who has never used VA Educational Assistance before and you are a veteran, then you should complete VA Form 22-1990. If you are a dependent, you should complete VA Form 22-5490. If you are registered, you will also need to to complete the "Request for Certification" form and provide a copy of your degree plan. If you are a Reservist or National Guard, you will need a "Notice of Basic Eligibility" form in addition to the above forms.

Please bring the completed forms along with a copy of your DD-214 to the Veterans Resource Center, Estill Building Room 104.

If you are new to SHSU, be sure to check with Admissions for additional university requirements.  The first step to becoming a Bearkat is to apply today!

Sam Houston State Logo

Sam Houston State University | Huntsville, Texas 77341 | (936) 294-1111 | (866)BEARKAT Member TSUS
© Copyright Sam Houston State University | All rights reserved. | Contact Web Editor