Eligible Legal Issues

We are here to provide information on the law and your legal options. Student Legal & Mediation Services provides consultation on a variety of legal issues, including, but not limited to:

  • landlord-tenant concerns
  • criminal law
  • family law/child support
  • consumer law
  • contract law
  • simple wills
  • name changes

Make an appointment to meet with the attorney to discuss your concern. If consultation reveals your legal question is of a complex nature requiring legal representation, we will advise you how to find an attorney with the appropriate expertise.

We cannot provide representation or counsel on issues involving

  • Sam Houston State University
  • more than one student attending Sam Houston State University; although mediation may be an option to consider
  • ongoing litigation