The SHSU Women's Clinic
As young women reach adulthood, preventative healthcare becomes very important. The following are recommended for women 18 -39 years of age and are included in an Annual Female Check-up at the Health Center:
- Medical history and pertinent physical exam
- STD screening and counseling
- Pelvic examination
- Breast examination and education regarding monthly self-breast exams
- Contraceptive counseling and prescriptions (Prenatal care is not available at the SHC)
- Pap test (smear) starting at 21 years of age
- Blood work, as needed, ordered on an individual basis
- Smoking cessation counseling
Call 936.294.1805 to schedule an Annual Female Check-up.
Call 936.294.2546 to speak to a nurse if you have specific questions regarding the examination. Please be patient, it may take up to 24 hours for a nurse to get back with you depending on the volume of patients scheduled for the day.