Frequently Asked Questions

Please call the clinic if you have any questions regarding scheduling an appointment with a provider or medical forms. Clinic Phone: (936) 294-1805

Q: When should I go to the E.R.?

A: The Student Health Center is not a provider of emergency care. Those with serious symptoms, such as the following should go to the emergency room:

  • Chest Pain
  • Severe Difficulty Breathing/Shortness of Breath
  • Severe Abdominal or Pelvic Pain
  • Deep Cuts or a Stab Wound that will not stop bleeding
  • Fractures with Bones Showing
  • Dehydration
  • Gunshot Wounds
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Loss of Consciousness
  • Difficulty Speaking, Sudden Dizziness
  • Numbness or Weakness in the Face, Arm, or Leg
  • Suicidal Thoughts
  • Drug or Alcohol Overdose
  • Seizures
  • Concussion or Head Injury
  • Bleeding when Pregnant
  • Any Problems in Pregnancy

For emergencies, please call 911 or seek care at a local Emergency Room.

Q: How do I submit my meningitis vaccination record?

1) Complete the Proof of Meningitis Form for SHSU

Fill out the Student Section of the form and have your provider sign and date the form upon receiving the vaccination.

Download the Form Here

Alternatively, you can submit your Proof of Meningitis Form by filling out the Student Section and submitting a copy of your shot record.

2) Send SHSU Your Form

Students should mail the above information to:

Vaccination Processing
SHSU Student Health Center
Box 2358
Huntsville TX 77341-2358

Students should fax the above information to:

(936) 294-2304

Students should email the above information to:

PLEASE NOTE: You must submit an updated Proof of Meningitis Form in order to be able to register for classes.

Due to the high volume of documents collected, your form is not guaranteed to be processed on the same day it is received. The Student Health Center strongly encourages students to submit their forms within a reasonable amount of time. At non-peak times, it can take on average 2-3 days to process the documentation. At peak times, it can take on average 4-5 days to process the documentation. The Student Health Center is not responsible for forms that are lost in transit or forms that are not successfully received via fax.

Q: When will my lab results come in?

A: The Health Center Lab is staffed by registered Medical Technologists that process a variety of in-house testing that can be done with the minimum amount of time to assist in the medical diagnoses and treatment of the students by in-house practitioners. Lab tests include but are not limited to wet prep for vaginal infections, rapid urine pregnancy tests, rapid mono screen tests (infectious mononucleosis), complete urinalysis, rapid strep tests, flu tests (Influenza A & B), and fingerstick glucose. Tests not performed in the lab are collected and sent to a reference lab. Ordered tests are usually completed and reported within 2 to 3 days to the Health Center. Those that require a longer testing time are reported as soon as results as available. For more information on your lab testing, please review your Patient Portal or give us a call at (936) 294-1805

Q: What times are appointments available?

A: Appointments are available Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. to 11:00a.m. and 1:00p.m. to 4:15p.m. Appointments from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00p.m., Monday - Thursday are available for emergency situations only. Please expect your appointment to take at least an hour from entry to exit.

Student Health Center - SEE MAP
1608 Avenue J, Box 2358
Huntsville, TX 77340
(936) 294-1805 |
Facebook Twitter Instagram