Multicultural Student Services (MSS) was established in 1993. The mission of MSS is to provide support and enhance the Sam Houston State University experience for underrepresented students and the campus community as a whole through student organization advising and development, diversity education, and cultural programming.
- Provide services and unique programming for traditionally underrepresented students an the campus community.
- Educate the campus community on all issues and facets of diversity through various diversity education initiatives.
- Provide training to further prepare students to be global citizens in a multicultural world.
- Encourage an appreciation and celebration of diversity in all of its unique forms, including but not limited to, culture, gender identity, disability, race, religion, and sexual identity.
- Develop and advise student organizations and programs that recruit, retain, and provide opportunities for the leadership development, personal development, and academic growth of underrepresented students, as well as, the entire SHSU campus community.
MSS Student Organization Fund Request
Are you in need of funding for an event? The Student Organization Fund is a pool of funds available for use by recognized cultural student organizations. Student Organizations must be registered and active in order to be considered for funds. These funds are not available for travel. To request organizational funding fill out this form and email or return to the Department of Student Activities, LSC 328 with the necessary attachments.