The Student Money Management Center is a financial outreach and educational program administered by the Sam Houston State University Division of Student Services.
The Mission of the Student Money Management Center is to empower the students of Sam Houston State University with the unbiased education and tools they need to achieve financial independence.
In an effort to help combat financial illiteracy and the growing amounts of debt among college students, Sam Houston State University, Division of Student Services initiated the Student Money Management Center (SMMC) at the beginning of the Fall 2008 semester.
The goal of the Student Money Management Center outreach program is for students to:
- Learn how to identify and track expenses during and after college
- Create a financial survival plan for college
- Graduate with a plan for repaying your student loans and personal debt
- Locate external financial education resources
- Talk to trained professionals about personal financial decisions and issues in a confidential and comfortable environment.
- Create a personalized budget for your upcoming semester or year at SHSU
- Learn how to obtain, interpret, and understand your personal credit report/score.
- Understand employee benefits packages and retirement plans prior to accepting a career opportunity