Hosted by SHSU Enrollment Management
What can I do there?
- Scouts@SAM will be on April 5th, 2014 and is designed for Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors
- Girls will work on badge/journey requirements in classes taught by SHSU experts in their fields.
- Troops are encouraged to make a weekend of their visit and camp during the Scouts@SAM weekend by making reservations with Huntsville State Park.
How much does Scouts@SAM cost? What do I get for that fee?
There are two options for Scouts@SAM – A Day Only program and a Troop Overnight option.
Registration for Scouts@SAM day program is $35 per girl. This includes:
- continental breakfast on Saturday
- badge class
- all-you-can-eat lunch at Old Main Market
- commemorative Scouts@SAM patch
Do you need adults to help?
Yes! Every troop that sends Scouts to Scouts@SAM will need to register at least one adult (Troop leader, or parent for Juliettes) at no cost to ensure the Scouts are behaving appropriately and to be available for emergencies. Permission slips and medical forms must be provided by troop leader (or parent/guardian for Juliettes) for each girl attending.
What badge classes are available?
This year we will be offering a wide array of badges, including: Budgeting, Car Care, Photography, Public Speaking, and Netiquette.
Do the classes last all day?
Most badge/interest classes will last all day on Saturday. Times will be posted on the registration page.
Do any of the classes have prerequisites? Is there any additional information about the badge class I want to take?
More details regarding each badge will be listed under the individual class on the registration page.
What are the hours for Scouts@SAM?
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for the Day Only program option.
How will I know what badge requirements my Scout completed?
Each Girl Scout will receive a record of her accomplishments before leaving the badge day to give to troop leader. Badges will not be awarded at Scouts@SAM.
When can I register for Scouts@SAM classes?
Online registration is available HERE March 1 – 31.
Need More Information?