2014 SHSU Recreational Sports
Faculty/Staff Golf League
- League is open to all current Sam Houston State University Faculty and Staff.
- Two person, 9-hole scramble. Score no higher than a bogey on each hole.
- Ladies will hit from the Green Tees and the Men from the Golds.
- Play begins June 2 and the league will play eight rounds over 9 weeks.
- Teams are encouraged to play Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights. The team captain is responsible for making arrangements with both their opponents and with Raven Nest in advance.
- Teams are responsible for submitting their scorecard to the pro shop at the end of each round.
- Each team must submit a minimum of 6 scores (3 scores front nine and 3 back nine scores) to be eligible for league prizes. Teams that cannot play 6 rounds are still encouraged to submit scores, however they would become ineligible for league prizes.
- League schedule begins the week of June 2nd
- We offered more flexibility to the league schedule this year. Match-ups are scheduled on a monthly basis rather than on a weekly basis. Teams are still encouraged to play weekly on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights and teams must turn in six scores to be eligible for 1st and 2nd place trophies.
- Eight rounds will be played over 9 weeks with all rounds in June on the Front 9 and all rounds in July on the Back 9.
- Contact your opponent first, then Raven Nest to set up a tee time. Keep in mind that Raven Nest has Tuesday night scrambles every other week.
- Dinner and Awards Ceremony at Raven Nest Clubhouse on Wednesday, July 30th at 7:30 PM.
Cost/Registration - Registration Form
$85.00 per person includes:
- Registration Open: May 6
Registration Deadline: May 28
- Green fee for 8 rounds
- ½ cart every night of play
- Dinner and Awards Ceremony (held at the clubhouse): July 30 at 7:30 PM
*Bonus Round!! For those interested, there will be a THREE CLUB bonus round on the final night. This round will not have an impact on the current league standings but teams will need to RSVP to Ed Chatal (x44889) in order to set things up.
More information below:
- A 2-person, scramble scheduled for Wed. July 30 @ 5 PM.
- Open to F/S Golf League participants only! RSVP back with your current league teammate or another league participant if you choose.
- Will be played on the front nine and from the Gold tee boxes.
- Each team member must declare Three (3) clubs to be used before the round and cannot share clubs with their partner.
- All other league rules apply.
- Winning team will receive a trophy and will be presented at the dinner afterwards.