ORSP has two online funding databases available for faculty use:
FoundationSearch is a database of charitable foundations that may be accessed in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP). Appointments are preferred but not mandatory and can be made by contacting Christi Townley.
For more information about FoundationSearch, you may also review ORSP's Guide to FoundationSearch.
PIVOT (COS) Funding Opportunities
PIVOT™ (COS) Funding Opportunities includes funding opportunities from all disciplines including arts and humanities, medicine, social sciences and sciences. It provides Research Administrators, Research Development Professionals, and their institutions the edge—by bringing together the right research opportunities, funding, and people—quickly and easily PIVOT is a powerful tool that assists faculty in the following ways: Some of the ways that PIVOT can benefit your research include the following:
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of our organization from millions of profiles from leading research organizations worldwide
- Fosters collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams,or researchers and the Research Development office
- Delivers weekly funding alerts
- One of the most comprehensive databases of funding from government and private sources
- Provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration—for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.
PIVOT™ registration Warning: Be sure you are signed in on your SHSU profile before you register for COS, or you will not have access to all the alert functions.