The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs can assist primary investigators with all aspects of the research proposal development and submission process, including:
- Proposal strategy
- Identifying funding opportunities
(Contact Peggy Ellenberger or Andrew Devey)
- Identifying collaborative opportunities
(Contact Jack Hill or 936.294.3876)
- Proposal writing & formatting
- Budget preparation (ensuring allowable expenses and proper salaries, fringes, indirect costs, etc.)
- Scheduling grant/contract proposal submission
If you are new to the proposal submission and routing process, or if you need a refresher on ORSP procedures, please review the Proposal Submission Walkthrough. For immediate assistance with a specific aspect of your research proposal, please contact the following individuals:
- For Concept Development, contact Delia Gallinaro at 936.294.3760 or email@example.com
- For Budget Development, Routing, or Submission issues, contact Dee Myall at 936.294.4032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Compliance issues, contact Sharla Miles at 936.294.4875 or email@example.com
Principal Investigators (PI) do not have the authority to submit contractual obligations or proposals that commit SHSU resources without ORSP approval.
PIs are also prohibited from negotiating and/or signing any sponsored award on the University’s behalf.