Faculty Resources

Internal Grant Program Counseling

If you would like to discuss your research topic regarding its potential for either a Faculty Research Grant (FRG) or an Enhancement Research Grant (ERG) proposal, please contact Delia Gallinaro or Sharla Miles well before the application deadline.

Internal Grant Program Application Support 

For support or questions regarding applications to the Internal Grant Program and/or the application process, please contact Sharla Miles.

Faculty Research Council

The Faculty Research Council (FRC) is chaired by Dr. Chad Hargrave, Interim Associate Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs at Sam Houston State University. The Council supervises:

  • Disbursement of state research enhancement funds to support research conducted by SHSU faculty
  • Formulation of guidelines and the coordination, organization, and active encouragement of faculty research using these state funds

For more information about the Faculty Research Council, please contact Sharla Miles, ORSP liaison to the FRC.