Sam Houston State University uses the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) to ensure that all SHSU researchers satisfy mandatory requirements on compliance training. The CITI Program has recently upgraded to a redesigned website, providing an overall improved experience on their new platform.
CITI Training: What You Need To Know
- Completely web-based and self-paced
- Can be completed in more than one sitting
- Consists of course modules followed by short multiple-choice quizzes
- Courses only need to be completed once
- Applicants can register themselves, access their records at any time, request new passwords, and print out their own completion report
ALERT TO ALL NEW FACULTY: If you are coming from another university that required the CITI training, you are still required to complete this training for SHSU. This is a strict requirement, because we will offer a different curriculum than your previous institution.
ORSP has developed an instructional document for all SHSU researchers who need to complete the CITI training requirement; this document explains how to register for the curriculum relevant to your individual research needs. After reviewing the instructional document, you should then proceed to the CITI Program website to begin your registration and training.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Sharla Miles, SHSU's CITI Coordinator.