DO YOU HAVE A NEW IDEA FOR GETTING INVOLVED AT SHSU & IN THE COMMUNITY?
Check out OrgLINK to see if one of our current organizations can meet your needs. If you don't see anything that quite fits, please continue reading below...
*Dates have been updated! Please review listing carefully.*
New student organization applications are managed through Leadership Initiatives and reviewed for approval through the Student Organization Board. Applications may be submitted year-round; however, the board reviews applications according to the following deadlines:
- JUNE through AUGUST - no applications are reviewed by the board
- Monday, September 9, 2016- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, SEP 20 2013
- Monday, October 7, 2013- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, OCT 18 2013
- Monday, November 4, 2013- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, NOV 15 2013
- Monday, January 13, 2014- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, JAN 24 2014
- Monday, February 10, 2014- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, FEB 21 2014
- Monday, March 10, 2014- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, MAR 21 2014
- Monday, April 7, 2014- all applications received up to this date will be reviewed Friday, APR 25 2014
- Any possibilities for a May 2014 review by the board will be posted to the student organization calendar
Prospective organizations must meet the following criteria before completing the application process:
- Have at least five members [defined as SHSU students, spouses of students, faculty, or staff]
- Have a constitution/bylaws(or guiding document) that governs the management of the organization.
- Have a SHSU faculty/staff advisor [defined as full-time or part-time - no graduate students, TA's, etc.]
After completing the process, submission contacts will be contacted by Leadership Initiatives to discuss the application and any issues that need to be addressed before the Student Organization Board review. In the event that the board needs more information for review, he/she will be contacted to appear before the board in person. Leadership Initiatives representatives then stay in contact with the prospective organizations on the Student Org Board outcome.
If approved, new student organizations must complete training that covers the following topics: general organization management, risk management, money management, OrgLINK use and organization resources. Attendance at these trainings is granted to newly approved organizations and must be reserved through Leadership Initiatives.
Must log in to OrgLINK using your SHSU username/password to access the application.
Any questions about the new org application process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.