Creating a Webpage in WebCMS
SHSU Technology Tutorials | WebCMS | Creating a Website
Creating the Page
- Navigate to the Website Tab
- Find the folder where you want to place this new website
- Select New
- Select HTML Page
- Give your page a title
- If the folder is not filled or is incorrect, select cancel
- Page URL will be automatically generated for you
- Select a template from the lists
- This will generate your new page with the same layout as an already existing page
- Show on Menu is not enabled at this time.
- Friendly Name is the title that appears above the address bar on your browser or in search results.
- Redirect is used to send traffic to another page, e.a., when a new page is created to replace old content.
- Check HTTPS Required if you want the page to be behind a SSL (usually used when you are collecting sensitive information via a form)
- SEO Description is a one to three sentence description of the content of your page, used in search results.
- SEO Keywords are words or phrases, separated by commas, that a user might enter in a search engine to find your content.
- Metadata can be ignored
Saving and Publishing
To save your webpage, click Save
- Your webpage will not be published to the server
To publish your web page, click Save and Publish
- Your website will now be viewable