Cisco IP Phones: 7970 Basic Phone Overview
7970 Basic Phone Overview
|1||Programmable buttons||Configurable buttons that provide access to various phone features|
|2||Footstand button||Allows you to adjust the angle of the phone base.|
|3||Display button||Awakens the touchscreen from power-save mode or disables it for cleaning: No color—Touchscreen available ready for input, Green flashing—Touchscreen disabled, Green steady—Touchscreen and backlight disabled|
|4||Messages button||Typically auto-dials your voice message service (varies by service).|
|5||Directories button||Opens/closes the Directories menu. Use it to view and dial from call logs (Missed, Received, and Placed) and a corporate directory.|
|6||Help button||Activates the Help menu.|
|7||Settings button||Opens/closes the Settings menu. Use it to control touchscreen appearance and ring sounds.|
|8||Services button||Opens/closes the Services menu.|
|9||Volume button||Controls the volume and other settings.|
|10||Speaker button||Toggles the speakerphone on or off.|
|11||Mute button||Toggles the Mute feature on or off.|
|12||Headset button||Toggles the headset on or off.|
|13||Navigation button||Allows you to scroll through menus and highlight items. Use in conjunction with softkeys to activate highlighted items. Also, while the phone is on-hook, press the Navigation button to access phone numbers from your Placed Calls log.|
|14||Keypad||Allows you to dial phone numbers, enter letters, and choose menu items.|
|15||Softkey buttons||Activates a softkey. You can also activate a softkey by pressing the softkey label on the touchscreen.|
|16||Handset light strip||Indicates an incoming call and new voice message.|
|17||Touchscreen||Shows phone features.|
Getting Help on Your Phone
Your Cisco IP Phone provides a comprehensive online help system. Help topics appear on the touchscreen. See the table below for details.
If you want to...
- View the main menu press on your phone and wait for several seconds for the menu to display. If you are already in Help, press Main. Main menu topics include:
- About Your Cisco IP Phone—descriptive details about your phone
- How do I...?—procedures and information about common phone tasks
- Calling Features—descriptions and procedures about calling features
- Help—tips on using and accessing Help
- Learn about a button or softkey press , then quickly press a button or softkey.
- Learn about a menu item press , then quickly press the menu item on the touchscreen. Or, press twice quickly with the menu item highlighted.
- Get help using Help press . After a second or two, press again or choose Help from the Main Menu.