Student Requirements for being Placed with a Host Family
The safety and security of both our students and our host families are extremely important to us, so students are required to adhere to the following requirements:
- Federal Government standards for visa regulations, including maintaining school attendance and performance and maintaining a clean record. If students do not adhere to these standards, they face immediate deportation back to their home country. In addition, they go through extensive screening before they are issues a visa to live and study in the U.S.
- Sign a conduct agreement, stating they will follow certain standards or will be removed from the home immediately. Some of these standards include:
- Respecting the privacy of other family member's bedrooms.
- Keeping their room and bathroom clean and orderly.
- Assisting with household chores as necessary (families should outline chore expectations in their application).
- Respect the schedule of the host family in regards to curfews and meal times, and giving advance notice if meals will be eaten outside the home.
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340