Faculty-led Programs: Information for Faculty
If you are considering leading a group of students abroad, we are here to help! This is a long process, with planning required at least 12 months ahead of time. We encourage you to contact the Study Abroad Coordinator in the Office of International Programs (OIP) with specific questions.
PLEASE READ THE FACULTY-LED STUDY ABROAD HANDBOOK. It is updated every year.
Documents for Faculty
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:
Turn in to Study Abroad Coordinator (OIP):
~Due Sept. 1st for summer 2015 & winterbreak 2015 programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Faculty leading out-of-country and out-of-state courses for credit must submit the Program Proposal by the Sept. 1st deadline for the Board of Regents final approval.
Once the program proposal is submitted, NO CHANGES TO COURSE NUMBERS AND TITLES can be changed or added. The Board of Regents approval is specific to course, lead instructor, dates, location, credit hours and length.
~Due Sept. / Oct. for NEW 2015 faculty-led programs only
~Due Sept. / Oct.
~Due before turning in Travel Requisition
- Change of Budget Form (if needed)
Turn in to Disbursement & Travel Services:
~Due Sept. / Oct. for NEW vendors only
- Outgoing Wire Form
- Direct Payment Form
- Direct Deposit for Employee Reimbursements (if not previously set up)
- Travel Cash Advance Check Request
- Travel Advance Agreement
- Accountability Form (for meals with students)
- Liability Waiver
Turn in to Registrar's Office:
~Due January-March for course(s) to be built
~Hand out to students on last day of the program; provide copies to Study Abroad Coordinator
Turn in to Study Abroad Coordinator:
~Due August 30th for summer programs or 2 weeks after trip completion
Documents for Students
Prior to departure, collect these forms from students and provide copies to Study Abroad Coordinator
- Behavior Contract
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Liability Waiver
- Passport copy
- Financial Aid Budget Increase Form (optional)
- 4-6 weeks prior to departure, all study abroad students are highly recommended to meet with the Travel Nurse at SHSU's Student Health Center and submit their immunization records along with the Pre-Travel Assessment.
- All study abroad students are required to get a physical done before departure. If students want to get a physical done at the SHSU Student Health Center, it is $22. Students will turn in the Health Travel Release Form to the Study Abroad Coordinator prior to departure and the Coordinator will provide copies for faculty leaders.
Check out the SHSU Student Health Center's website for more details.
- Non-SHSU/Non-Credit Student Form (due before first payment to the Bursars Office)
For specific questions or concerns, please contact Cassie Cure at 936-294-3276.
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340