Faculty-led Programs: Information for Faculty
If you are considering leading a group of students abroad, we are here to help! This is a long process, with planning required at least 12 months ahead of time. We encourage you to contact the Study Abroad Coordinator in the Office of International Programs (OIP) with specific questions.
PLEASE READ THE FACULTY-LED STUDY ABROAD HANDBOOK. It is updated every year.
Documents for Faculty
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:
Turn in to Study Abroad Coordinator (OIP):
~Due Sept. 1st for summer 2016 & winterbreak 2016 programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Faculty leading out-of-country and out-of-state courses for credit must submit the Program Proposal by the Sept. 1st deadline for the Board of Regents final approval.
Once the program proposal is submitted, NO CHANGES TO COURSE NUMBERS AND TITLES can be changed or added. The Board of Regents approval is specific to course, lead instructor, dates, location, credit hours and length.
~Due Sept. / Oct. for NEW 2016 faculty-led programs only
~Due Sept. / Oct.
~Due before turning in Travel Requisition
- Change of Budget Form (if needed)
Turn in to Disbursement & Travel Services:
~Due Sept. / Oct. for NEW vendors only
- Outgoing Wire Form
- Direct Payment Form
- Direct Deposit for Employee Reimbursements (if not previously set up)
- Travel Cash Advance Check Request
- Travel Advance Agreement
- Accountability Form (for meals with students)
- Liability Waiver
Turn in to Registrar's Office:
~Due January-March for course(s) to be built
- Post Program Evaluations
Students are directed by OIP to complete an online evaluation survey for their programs. The results and feedback will be shared with faculty leaders.
Turn in to Study Abroad Coordinator:
~Due August 30th for summer programs or 2 weeks after trip completion.
Documents for Students:
Prior to departure, all students must submit these documents to the Study Abroad Coordinator by given deadlines:
- Behavior Contract
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Pre-Travel Health Survey
- Emergency Contact Form
- Liability Waiver
- Passport copy - Passport must be valid 6 months beyond date of return from program
Optional document not required for all students:
- Financial Aid Budget Increase Form
- Non-SHSU/Non-Credit Student Form (due before first payment to the Bursars Office)
- Travel Warning/Insurance Exclusion Waiver - (if country is under US Dept. of State Travel Warning and/or excluded from coverage under TSUS travel insurance). Document has not yet been created by TSUS/SHSU, but will be provided upon finalization. Required for individual travelers affected.
Please note that some countries will require students to obtain a visa prior to departure or upon entry into the host country. Therefore, students must be informed of the necessary steps to obtain the visa, if necessary. If faculty require assistance in this matter, OIP can provide guidance. However, OIP will not be responsible for ensuring all students are in posession of a valid visa. This is ultimately the responsibility of the individual traveler.
For questions or concerns, please contact Jordan Land at 936-294-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340