International Business and Economics in China
SHSU’s College of Business will offer a Summer I program in Beijing, China. We will be located on the campus of the China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing (CUMTB). Field trips will include the Mong Tombs, the Great Wall, Tiannamen Square, Heaven’s Temple, and the Summer Palace. Numerous business tours will also occur.
Students from CUMTB will also participate in the SHSU courses, giving students the opportunity to meet Chinese students and participate in cultural exchanges.
May 29 - June 26, 2014
- MGMT 4320: Management in a Global Legal and Ethical Environment (3CR)
- ECON 4380: Issues in International Economic Development (3CR)
Participation in the program will require department approal, including, but not limited to, completion of pre-requisite course work with minimum grades. Visas are required for travel to China. Students will need to go to the Chinese consulate in Houston to get their visa.
Students will stay in shared rooms at the hotel campus at CUMTB. All rooms have air conditioning and internet.
A group flight will be arranged by the faculty member from Houston to Beijing, and will be included in the program cost.
- Includes: Airfare, lodging, 1 meal per day, in-country travel, site visits, health insurance.
- Not Included: Tuition (Approx. $1100 for each 3 hour course), Visa, 2 meals per day, spending money
FACULTY LEADER CONTACT INFO
Dr. Brian Piper
January 31, 2014
- NOTE: Program is restricted to 15 participants, so spots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Deposit must be paid to secure spot in the program.
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340