Check In | Important Documents | Medical Insurance | Dependent Information | Maintaining Status | Extension of Stay | Transfer Process | Changing Status | Traveling | 12 and 24 Month Bar | Two-Year Home Residency Requirement | J-1 Scholars Home
Before beginning the transfer process, a scholar must make an appointment to speak with the international scholar advisor.
A visiting scholar may transfer from one program sponsor to another if the purpose of the transfer is to complete the objective for which he or she was admitted to exchange visitor status, and if the scholar remains within the same participant category (for example short term scholar, research scholar, or visiting professor).
A transfer cannot take place without the approval of the transfer-out program.
Steps a scholar should take:
- Make an appointment with the international scholar advisor/Responsible Officer or Alternate Responsible Officer at your current host sponsor institution to discuss situation and a possible "transfer effective date."
- Obtain approval from host department supervisor
- Obtain approval of a new sponsor
- Submit "transfer out" form from current host sponsor institution
- Submit "transfer in" form from new host sponsor institution
- Obtain new DS-2019 at the new host sponsor institution after arrival and check in.
JOIN us on FACEBOOK
Executive Director of International Programs
|Dana Van De Walker
Recruiter and Special Programs Coordinator
International Graduate Advisor
International Undergraduate Advisor
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340