Before beginning the transfer process, a scholar must make an appointment to speak with the international scholar advisor.
A visiting scholar may transfer from one program sponsor to another if the purpose of the transfer is to complete the objective for which he or she was admitted to exchange visitor status, and if the scholar remains within the same participant category (for example short term scholar, research scholar, or visiting professor).
A transfer cannot take place without the approval of the transfer-out program.
Steps a scholar should take:
- Make an appointment with the international scholar advisor/Responsible Officer or Alternate Responsible Officer at your current host sponsor institution to discuss situation and a possible "transfer effective date."
- Obtain approval from host department supervisor
- Obtain approval of a new sponsor
- Submit "transfer out" form from current host sponsor institution
- Submit "transfer in" form from new host sponsor institution
- Obtain new DS-2019 at the new host sponsor institution after arrival and check in.
Executive Director of International Programs
|email@example.com||936.294.4455||CHSS 190 C|
Recruiter and Special Programs Coordinator
International Undergraduate Advisor
International Graduate Advisor
Office of International Programs
Farrington Building, Suite 116, Huntsville, TX 77340