*Please Note: You do not need to "register" or "log-in" to an account on the Bearkat Family Weekend (BFW) registration website. Simply, select the quantity of people you are purchasing for and click "Add to Cart" you will be prompted, from there, for further information.*
Do I need to include my SHSU student in my BFW registration?
Yes, you must include your SHSU student in your registration count for Bearkat Family Weekend. We also ask for your student's name as part of your purchase for reference. Please make sure you include them in your total quantity, as well as select a t-shirt size for them. If you log-on to purchase tickets at more than one time, you will still include their name, as a reference, for any purchase you or your family makes when registering for BFW.
When is the deadline for BFW registration?
- The deadline to register for BFW is September 7. No registrations will be accepted after this time or at the event.
How do I know if I've registered?
- You should receive an e-mail confirmation immediately upon completing your registration. This e-mail will come to whichever e-mail you entered, as the purchaser, during your purchase. The e-mail comes from Chelsea.Smith@shsu.edu. Please check your spam or junk folders.
I've already registered, but I need to purchase additional tickets, what do I do?
- You can purchase additional tickets, anytime up to the deadline (September 7). Simply go back to the purchase page, and go through the registration process again. Keep in mind, you will need to enter your SHSU student name for reference, but only need to purchase the original student ticket one time.
Will I receive any further information about BFW after making my registration purchase?
- Yes, you will receive an e-mail to your purchaser e-mail, by Wednesday, September 12. This will include a full itinerary for the weekend including all event details and updates.
When is BFW check-in?
- Main BFW check-in, including pick up of all of your BFW items (t-shirt, gift, wristbands, lunch tickets) will be available Friday, September 28, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 29, 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., located in the LSC Atrium (which is located on the 2nd floor of the LSC).
- Early check-in and item pick-up will also be available this year, at the Dean of Students' Office front desk (LSC 215), Monday-Thursday, September 24-27, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. You may send your SHSU student referenced on your registration to pick-up your items ahead of time, during those times.
What happens if I cannot attend BFW?
- Registration for Bearkat Family Weekend is non-refundable. In the event you are unable to attend the weekend, you may send your student to the Dean of Students' Office (LSC 215) during the week of October 1-5, 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., to pick up your t-shirts and gifts.
What happens if it is raining during BFW?
- BFW happens rain or shine. In the event of lightning the football game may be delayed.
What time is the football game?
- Due to TV broadcast times, the football game time will not be released until 10 days in advance of the game. We will update the BFW schedule with the game time as early as we know.
Do I need to purchase my SHSU student a football ticket?
- No, your SHSU student has free access to all home football games with their activated Bearkat One Card. If you would like to sit with your student, please make sure you purchase a ticket in the student section (General Admission East).
Will there be free parking during BFW?
- There will be free parking available during BFW. All parking information will be disseminated in the additional information e-mail sent, by September 12.
Do children under a certain age get in free for BFW?
- If you would like your child to get a BFW t-shirt (sizes ranging from Youth Small-Youth Large, and Adult sizes) as well as get a ticket for meals, and a wrist-band for BFW tailgate food, you will need to purchase a registration for them.
I have another question that was not answered here.
- For any additional questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Thank you, we can't wait for you to spend the weekend with us at Sam Houston State University!